The Day 6 Plotwatcher Time Lapse Game Camera features sleeker styling than most other similar cameras, and it has a great price, as well. Unlike most game cameras that only trigger when there is movement in the area, this one works to take time lapse recordings of a plot of land all day, so you can more easily track the actual movements of game through your hunting plot.
Features of the Day 6 Plotwatcher Time Lapse Game Camera
One of the main features of this Day 6 game camera is that it takes HD photos every five to ten seconds throughout the day for up to seven consecutive days. The video resolution is 1,280 by 720 for good quality photos, and the setup on this camera is particularly easy. You can basically take the photos from this camera and condense them into a ten minute time-lapse video, which makes it easier to review the camera’s contents and find game patterns.
- Takes HD photos every five to ten seconds for up to seven consecutive days
- 1,280 by 720 video resolution
- Super easy setup
- Photos condense into ten minute time-lapse videos to make it easier to review patterns in game movements
Pros and Cons of This Game Camera
Reviewers like how easy this camera is to use, and they also note that the photo resolution is very nice. The software that comes with the camera is easy to use, as well, so this makes figuring out game patterns simpler.
- Easy to use
- Good photo resolution
- Good software that comes with the camera
- This camera doesn’t have any way to protect it from thieves with a lock, so if this is important for your needs, it’s a good idea to upgrade to the higher-level Day 6 option that haws holes for a cable lock.
- This camera also doesn’t have infrared flash for nighttime photo taking, but as long as you understand what you’re getting, you should be prepared for this. The camera will take photos from dawn to dusk and give you compressed time lapse videos of the entire day.
Is This the Best Game Camera for Your Needs?
The Day 6 Plotwatcher Time Lapse Game Camera is a great option if you just want to record daytime movements of game on your plot and if you want an easy, inexpensive way to do it. If you prefer to have more ability to manipulate your camera’s settings, check out the Day 6 Plotwatcher Pro, which comes with more options. Just keep in mind that this camera doesn’t come with infrared flash technology, so it’s not good for taking nighttime game photos.
Get the Best Availability and Pricing
While you might be able to find this Day 6 camera at a specialty store near you, chances are more likely that you’ll find it online. Plus, you’ll save even more money by buying it online. Click here to find today’s best price on this camera.