The Moultrie Game Spy M-80 Game Camera is a 5 MP camera that takes widescreen images of wildlife, so you get more in each photo. The camera features an infrared flash, which means that it can also take photos at night. Here’s what you should know about this camera.
Features of the Moultrie Game Spy M-80 Game Camera
One of the main features of this Moultrie game camera is that it takes 16:9 widescreen images and videos, so you get a wider field of view than you normally would with game camera photos. The camera takes 5 megapixel photos, and it has three operational modes: infrared triggered camera, time-lapse camera, and time-lapse during the day and infrared at night. It features a battery life calculator and up to one year of battery life on a single set of batteries.
- 16:9 widescreen photos and videos
- 5 megapixel photos
- Three operational modes for maximum flexibility
- Battery life calculator
- Up to one year of battery life
Pros and Cons of this Game Camera
The Moultrie Game Spy M-80 Game Camera is notable because it takes good photos, especially during the day. It’s excellent at conserving battery power, and it’s easy to set up, as well.
- Good daytime photos
- Great at conserving battery power
- Easy to set up
- According to most reviewers, this camera doesn’t take the best nighttime photos, and they tend to be very blurry. You can sometimes fix this by changing the settings on the camera, however.
- This camera does not tend to have a very long life, as many reviewers note that it breaks down easily and quickly. Following all setup directions may help prevent this problem.
Is This Your Ideal Game Camera?
If you’re looking for a decent value and like the idea of widescreen game photos, this Moultrie camera may be for you. However, remember that you’re probably not buying the absolute best quality game camera, and understand that you’ll get what you pay for with this one. If you are just beginning to use a game camera, though, it can be a great way to get started without having to spend a fortune on a top of the line camera!